Today, you – my little girl – turned four. Time seems to move so quickly but is it possible that it moves even more quickly for you, my youngest child? I try to so hard to do what everyone tells you to – to enjoy it, to soak it in while they are little. And I swear I do, but then, on days like today, I think back on your sweet little baby face and have a hard time believing the time has gone by so quickly.
You have a sweet, girly, spunky personality. You hate getting your hair done but you love haircuts and trying mommy’s makeup. You love being on a pedestal on days like your birthday, but you’re not always comfortable with the attention. You love shopping dates with mommy (even if it is just to sobeys).
You love your brothers but you have no problem letting them know when they have ticked you off. I think you are going to be a sensitive but strong woman.
Some things about you as you turn four:
- You love dresses. Every day. And slippery socks. So you can twirl in your dresses.
- You are girly in so many ways, but it often happens that you have a doll in one hand and a toy gun in the other, tucking in a doll one minute and wrestling with your brothers the next.
- You have incredible attention to detail when you are coloring.
- You are working on sharing – we don’t often have friends your age to visit and when we do, it is difficult for you to understand that they aren’t taking the toys away with them.
- You love the pool – you jump from the ladder (not the side yet) and swim around with your life jacket on like a fish!
- Your brothers love you – they play hide and seek with you, family, Emery often plays dolls and make believe with you.
We have had a birthday week of fun (because everyone should have a birthday week!). On Saturday you and I went on a little date to the mall – we wandered, we picked up a few things, we rode the escalators, and then we had lunch at the food court where there are LOTS of things to look at!
On Sunday we had a pool party with your friends – it was the first time they were all together outside of Lisa’s house and it was so cool (the moms had fun too)! We swam, we cupcake’d, we opened presents, we played … it was a great time!
Today, on your actual birthday, you had another good day with your friends (your Lisa is so awesome and caring!) and then another pool party with more friends. How lucky are you – two pool parties for your birthday?!
Then it was time for chocolate cake with sprinkles! And more presents – a tea set, a doctor’s set, and a sweet little stuffie named kiki!
After a birthday week like that, I hope you never question whether or not you are loved!