It seems impossible that ten years ago I was cuddling my newborn … my first little babe … so hopeful and scared and full of love and awe. I’m not sure I feel any more like I know what I’m doing now that I’m parenting a ten year old than I did back then, but I like to think I have a pretty good handle on who you are.
I am already starting to see glimpses of the tween and teenager you will soon become. It makes me mourn that little newborn stage but only for a second – because then I think how cool it is to watch you grow and learn and start coming into your own.
As you turn ten…
- It’s all about hockey. Hockey and video games and sometimes hockey video games. Las Vegas Golden Knights at the moment, but that flows with the tide a little bit.
- You are playing on the TASA Flames – forward. You are a good skater and always looking to make a smart play – but dang, those goals feel good too!
- Favorite video games are NHL ’19 and recently Fortnite.
- You are playing cello with the strings program at school.
- You like games – card games, board games. Phase 10 and cribbage are your favorites at the moment!
- You do really well at school – a little distracted sometimes, but super smart.
- Right now we are reading the How to Train Your Dragon series together – they are so good!
For your birthday we went to a Mooseheads game with a few friends – they won! and had a little sleepover with lots of munchies and cake and video games.
Vegas Knights cake!
I hope that your birthday left you feeling loved and feeling as special as you are to me!