We have been talking about this birthday for months but this morning when I said, “Happy Birthday, you’re 5!”, you said, “I don’t want to be 5!”. Maybe in this case the build up was better than the moment?
If you had asked me six months ago if you were ready to start school, I wasn’t sure… you still seemed so small! But in the past six months you have grown and matured and seem to be saying and doing older and smarter things – Five-year-old things! Now I can’t wait to see you jump on the bus with that massive backpack on your back.
You are sweet as pie but can be spicy as cayenne! You love hugs and snuggles and all things girly, but you also love farts and making faces and walking through mud puddles. You love your brothers so much and love to laugh and be funny with them. When they bite you are definitely not afraid to bite back.
Here are some things about you as you turn five:
- You have a pretty goofy sense of humor. You love to be funny and to hear funny things.
- You just learned to swim and within one week went from wearing a life jacket to diving to the bottom of the pool.
- You love LOL dolls, shopkins, and all of those hold-in-your-hand collectibles. You also love Fancy Nancy books.
- You are a great friend to your friends.
- You have known your letters for a long time and like to practice writing; you are also very anxious to learn how to read so I’m sure that will come soon!
- You like dancing and singing and seem to be musical.
- You are a really adventurous eater but when you don’t eat something, you really don’t like it! Your birthday supper was … pizza! Oh, and you love candy.
- You like secret kisses and secret handshakes. Recently, you often look at me and mouth the words “I love you” like it’s our own little secret.
- You love to color and draw and being creative in general.
Today you celebrated with your friends (we will miss Lisa!) and at home we had cake, ice cream, and presents. On the weekend we will have a party for your closest friends!
I am so excited to watch you start school and navigate your way through a new routine and making new friends. You’ve got this, girly!