Emery … you are 6!
You are our sensitive-but-sometimes-feisty, cautious-but-sometimes-impulsive, thoughtful-(okay-always-thoughtful) six year old boy today!
Your imagination is big and you are super creative. You like reading and writing (especially writing) and crafting. You love all the typical boy things – vehicles, minecraft, star wars – but will sit and play dolls with eleanor too. You love playing with your siblings – you’re so loving. You take pride when you do something well and wear it all over your face.
Here are some more things about you as you turn six:
- You are a Beaver! You look forward to Wednesday nights and seem proud to put on your uniform!
- You are so great at reading – english and french! You get more confident with your reading every day.
- You started curling this year and have been killing it! I hope you stick with it.
- You still like snuggling from time to time. We have big hugs, a secret kiss, and a song at bedtime (my favorite time of day).
- You do have your moments when you fight back (to us and your siblings). We correct it but part of me is glad you stand up for yourself.
- When playing in minecraft, you surprise me with the things you build – they are so creative!
- You like words and sounds and you often rhyme or pick out funny sounds within words.
This year we gave you the choice between having the typical big party at our place with your friends or picking two of your best buddies for a sleepover and going somewhere special. You chose the sleepover so we took luke and akshat to the indoor trampoline park, mcdonald’s, and then back to our place for cake and ice cream. It was so much fun!
And of course we had our own mini celebration here today. Regardless of how we celebrate, my goal is always to make you feel special… and I’m pretty sure we managed that!
Love you to pieces… Mommy