It seems unreal that it was two years ago that I was at the hospital, awaiting your arrival. It’s so cliched it’s sickening but I’m really not sure where those two years have gone.
I love watching you learn new things, try new words, figure out new games. Your little mind is like a crazy little sponge that just puts me in awe of you every day.
Here are a few things about you right now…
- You like to sing your ABCs (mommy can tell you’re musical)
- You are starting to count things, not just reciting the numbers to ten
- You love to eat, especially pasta and grapes and “oh-goot”
- You are extremely good at sitting at timeout (although you rarely need to go there)
- You are a very kind big brother and show concern and love for him already
- Your favorite things: trucks, buses, and trains, especially Thomas! You like to “choo choo” all around the house and like to point out the trucks and buses when we are driving
- You like The Wiggles and dance parties with mommy (which makes mommy verrrry happy, by the way)
- You love to make people laugh
- You love kisses and tickles
- Your favorite person after mommy and daddy is “Papa” (and he loves you too)!
- You aren’t afraid to try new things, like words and toys
- You are sometimes shy to play with other kids at first, maybe because you are so good at playing by yourself
- And we found out today that you likely need glasses so you continue to be good at keeping us on our toes!
We love you!